A Few Past Workshops:
- March 1st, 2015, 1-3:30pm, Yoga and Tensegrity: A new perspective for your yoga practice at Borealis Yoga a beautiful studio in Medford Square. Discover the amazing strength and resilience at work inside your body while you do yoga –- something called tensegrity, a word coined from “tension” plus “integrity.” It’s like learning about anatomy without the boring science teacher! Join Wendy Cook on an exploration of this unique perspective on how the muscles, connective tissue, and bones relate to one another. Then, Wendy leads you through practical exercises, a yoga practice, and meditation that together will bring more buoyancy, ease, stability and wholeness to your body and mind.
- Yin Yoga and Meditation at Borealis Community Yoga, Sunday February 5, 2017, 1:00-3:00pm. Surrender to the quiet of a nourishing yin yoga practice. In this session you will be guided into floor postures that you hold for a longer time thus creating a deep, slow stretch and lively sensations. The practice is to stay aware and present, watch your experience change and do less as a way of letting go of holding patterns. This is the space from where you cultivate qualities such as strength, tolerance, patience, insight and peace. Rejuvenating energy naturally results. Pranayama, deep rest and meditation complete the practice. You will leave feeling refreshed, brighter, a little taller and with a softer heart. All levels and bodies welcome.
$35 – Borealis members 20% off.
- Yin Yoga and Insight Meditation at Kurukulla Center, Sunday March 27, 2016, 2:30-5pm. * An afternoon of quiet and grounding yoga and meditation in the shrine room. The session will include long-held yin postures which are explored staying close to the ground. This will lead into seated meditation practice, sharpening our attention towards a clear and precise awareness of the mind and body. All welcome. No prior experience in yoga or meditation necessary. Suggested Donation: $40. All proceeds go towards supporting Kurukulla Center.
- Chakras: Balancing Your Body’s Energy Centers at Borealis Yoga, Sunday April 3, 2016, 12:30-2:30pm $35 In this workshop, we will demystify the chakras, help you realize you already know more about them than you think, and give simple tools for bringing more balance into them. The afternoon will include discussion, asana (postures), relaxation and pranayama (breath work).
- Awaken, Energize & Balance: A day-long Yoga and Meditation Retreat, Saturday, April 23, 2016, 10:00am – 4:00pm at Historic Bemis Hall in Lincoln, $80 * Join Wendy as she offers a day-long yoga and meditation retreat in beautiful Lincoln at the historic and fabulous Bemis Hall. It’s the time of year we can breathe in the sweet, warm air of the woods and let our eyes feast on the budding green all around. We’ll reconnect to the grass, the moist soil of the earth to awaken, ground and recommit to our sense of place and purpose. Morning and afternoon yoga sessions will include asana, pranayama and meditation. Morning will be a stronger flow; afternoon more quiet and grounded yin practice. A lovingly prepared home-cooked vegetarian lunch will be served. $80. Preregister necessary
Send check to PO Box 636, Lincoln MA, 01773